LEVEL 5 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING
ATHE and the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) are launching the IFA Direct initiative to provide learners with a route to membership with the IFA. This initiative is being launched with a growing network of ATHE Recognized Centers approved to deliver ATHE’s Accounting qualifications and the IFA Direct initiative to learners.
IFA Direct supports learners in:
- Achieving IFA membership
- Gaining an IFA practicing certificate (UK members only)
- Investing in professional development
ATHE’s range of accounting qualifications cater for learners with different levels of knowledge, experience and ability in the accountancy sector. ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting provide progression routes to both IFA membership and top-up bachelors and master’s degrees with universities. The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting provides an initial pathway to these progression routes.
The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting has been designed to develop the essential understanding and skills needed to provide the awareness of the accountancy and tax regulatory environment, the operational requirements for the accounting and finance function and what is expected of a professional accountant.
The Level 5 Accounting qualification is available as a 120-credit Extended Diploma or a 60-credit Diploma. The qualifications are graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- Provides 5 mandatory units for 120 credits
- Provides 2 mandatory units for 60 credits
- CORE UNITS
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Management
- Financial and Management Control
- Business Taxation
- Quantitative Methods
DURATION AND DELIVERY
- Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
For more information, you can view the Qualification Specification or download the Qualification Factsheet.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above. For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- a GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades 4 and above
- other related level 3 subjects such as ATHE level 3 Diplomas
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- other equivalent international qualifications
Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
Membership of a Professional Body – the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)
The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting can be studied as part of the progression route to gain IFA membership through the IFA Direct Programme. For further details click here.
ATHE qualifications can be used for progression to relevant bachelor’s and master’s top-up degrees through a growing number of UK and international universities.
COURSE FEES for 60 CREDITS
COURSE FEES for 120 CREDITS